10:45 16 May 2013
STFC Charity Charter
Swindon Town Football Club is committed to working with the local community and supporting local charities through the provision of club merchandise, Match Day tickets and hospitality packages for the purposes of fund raising auctions and raffles.
Each season, Swindon Town Football Club, via a fans' poll, nominate a Charity of the Year and throughout the year work closely with the chosen charity to raise funds through a combination of supporter donations and Swindon Town Football Club staff initiatives. However, this commitment to one main charity does not preclude the club from supporting other charities and good causes which it is very prepared to do but a monthly limit is set in terms of product allocation.
All requests for charitable support must be made in writing to the club, with the communication providing full details of the charity or good cause for which the support is required and the event at which the merchandise will be used, together with main contact details.Each request for charitable support will be acknowledged within 14 days of receipt.
Each charity request will be individually assessed by the club's Charity Committee and notification, confirming the club's commitment to support or otherwise, will be communicated via letter or e-mail. Standard reasons for decline include:
- The club has already donated to your charitable organisation / good cause this season (a football season - August to May)
- The charity is based outside the considered 'community of Swindon' catchment area
- The club's monthly allocation has already been reached
- The season is closed and therefore the request cannot be processed in time to meet the required deadline
- There is insufficient written evidence to support the request
In line with the majority of League One clubs, Swindon Town FC will offer a prize of either a signed team photo or a pair of match day tickets for a league fixture at The County Ground.
FOR ANY CHARITY REQUESTS, PLEASE EMAIL CHARITY@SWINDONTOWNFC.CO.UK