11:48 27 March 2014
Swindon Town Football Club are regularly inundated with player appearance requests.
The club is committed to supporting community events and charities in Swindon and the surrounding areas and will facilitate player appearances whenever practically possible.
Unfortunately, due to the volume received, we are unable to fulfill all requests.
• Only requests via the player appearance form, letter or email will be considered. Verbal requests will NOT be taken into consideration.
• Four weeks' notice is essentially required to facilitate a player request.
• No appearances will be considered on matchdays, 24 hours preceding a match, 24 hours after a game, on team travel days or days off. In exceptional circumstances, appearances will need to be authorised by the first team management.
• No appearances will be considered while players are on annual leave (from the date of the last game of the season until they return for pre-season training)
• Players cannot take part in any activities with risk of injury.
IMPORTANT: ALL Player requests are granted at the discretion of the management. Their decision is FINAL.
If your request is successful, the name of the attending player will be confirmed at least one week prior to the event. We are often unable to confirm names any sooner as changes can occur.
All player appearances are subject to change. If an event has to be rescheduled and the original player can no longer attend, then an alternative player will be provided where possible.
Contact will be made with the event organiser and a brief prepared regarding the purpose of the appearance to ensure the player is fully aware of their role.
If any requests fall outside of the above criteria then you will be sent a response explaining why the request has been declined.
Click here to download the Player Appearance Request Form.