Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

08 February 2020 Venue Brunton Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


8 February 2020

Swindon were forced to settle for a point after taking the lead against Carlisle at Brunton Park.

Rarmani Edmonds-Green opened the scoring with his first league goal 11 minutes into the game as Town dominated possession in the opening stages.

Aaron Hayden equalised for the home side on 61 minutes from another set-piece.

First Half

The opening 45 minutes had two pivotal moments – two big chances. Swindon took theirs, Carlisle didn’t.

After a sloppy, wind-affected opening 10 minutes, Town’s first corner bore the game’s first goal. Paul Caddis swung the ball high to the back post where Rarmani Edmonds-Green won the first contact. Zeki Fryers picked up the second hall, chesting the ball into his centre-back partner’s path and R.E.G side-footed the ball past Adam Collin and the man on the line to put the visitors ahead.

From there, the game became scrappy – dogged. Neither side was able to create much.

The only point of note in the 15 minutes following the goal featured Edmonds-Green again where he picked up the loose ball and played to Diallang Jaiyesimi inside the area. His low effort was saved by the foot of Adam Collin.

Four minutes later, and Steven Benda put his hand print on the game – Harry McKirdy was played through and took an early shot to the German’s right. The 21-year-old stopper got a big hand to and palmed away.

Second Half

The pattern continued after the restart – the visitors had to deal with any cross-field passes being taken by the wind as the home side had everything hold up in the air.

Neither side had fashioned a chance before Carlisle equalised just past the hour mark – with Steven Benda held up by a Cumbrian body at a corner, Aaron Hayden nodded in at the back post with grey shirts dumbfounded at the lack of a foul.

With the wind picking up as Storm Ciara rolled over Brunton Park, Admiral Muskwe came into the fray and almost made an instant impact. Jaiyesimi flicked on as the ball came in from the right and if it hadn’t been for Gethin Jones and a last-ditch block, the Zimbabwean would have had the visitors back in front.

On 75 minutes, Jerry Yates, returning to Carlisle for the first time since his loan spell ended a year ago, made a foraging run down the left and played square to Eoin Doyle. His 25-yard stinging effort was palmed away by Collin.

In the final 20 minutes, Carlisle looked the more likely to win it despite the game becoming stretched. Omari Patrick almost benefited from a fizzing cross from Nathan Thomas but good defending from Edmonds-Green and Zeki Fryers meant that a point was what the Town left with.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block