Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
17 November 2018 Venue The County Ground Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


17 November 2018

Town were comfortably beaten by Carlisle United by four goals, at the Energy Check County Ground.

Goals from Regan Slatter (2), Jamie Devitt and Ashley Nadesan sealed Swindon’s fate in a woeful afternoon at SN1.

First Half

Town dominated proceedings from the off and had the first chance four minutes in. Matty Taylor looped a pass to Jermaine McGlashan who found Anderson on the penalty spot but he puts his header wide.

And it remained one-way traffic albeit, Carlisle goalkeeper, Adam Collin was still not being worked. Ellis Iandolo wound a shot up on 17 minutes but didn’t connect well enough and the ball bounced wide.

But as Carlisle frustrated Town, and limited them to half chances, they worked themselves into the game and on 43 minutes they were in front. Ashley Nadesan arrived in the box and put a bobbling shot past Lawrence Vigouroux.

Before half-time, Town should have levelled – Taylor whipped in a cracking free-kick and Ellis Iandolo was on the end of it but didn’t put his shot on target from six yards out.

Second Half

It was a disastrous start to the second half for the Robins. Regan Slatter latched onto a loose ball and blasted in Carlisle’s second.

And eight minutes later, it went from bad to worse for Wellens’ men – McGlashan was penalised for a hand ball on the edge of the box and Jamie Devitt converted the resultant free-kick into the top corner.

The Cumbrians were further ahead on 64 minutes as Jamie Devitt turned inside to add his second goal and the visitors’ fourth.

The game fell flat following the final fourth, and bar chances for Smith and McGlashan at the back post, Carlisle were content to see the game out.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account