Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
27 November 2018 Venue The County Ground Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


27 November 2018

Sol Pryce scored within 18 seconds on his debut for the club, as Swindon won back-to-back for the first time this season, beating Stevenage 3-2 at the Energy Check County Ground.

Pryce became the 1000th player to represent Town in league football and didn’t hang around in making his mark to put Town ahead in the first minute.

Scott Twine added to the Town’s lead just five minutes later in a blitz of a start from Richie Wellens’ side.

Scott Cuthbert halved the deficit for the visitors on 12 minutes, with a header at the back post.  

However, Pryce was at the double, scoring as close to half-time as he had been to the start of the game, with a cool finish.

Joel Byrom made it a nervous end with 13 minutes to play but Swindon stood firm to gain back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

First Half

It was lightning quick stuff from Town who came out of the blocks fantastically – within 18 seconds the Millenium Man, Pryce popped up on the end of Steven Alzate’s cross, after some lovely build-up from Keshi Anderson had set the midfielder free.

The young striker made no mistake despite Scott Twine flying in front of him to try and nick it away and into the empty net.

Twine didn’t have to wait long for his first league goal though – after Matt Taylor’s free-kick was deflected and then parried by Seny Dieng, the youngster was on-hand to pick up the loose ball and finish tidily.

Stevenage were given hope when Scott Cuthbert appeared at the back post to head in past Vigouroux but that didn’t dampen Town’s attacking mood.

Town maintained the ascendency – on 22 minutes Steven Alzate skipped past his man and drilled a shot towards the far post. Unfortunately, for him it ricocheted back off the upright and away.

Town had several chances to extend their lead – Twine couldn’t get the ball out of his feet to get a shot away, shortly before Anderson was on the end of a well-worked set-piece routine but hit the side-netting.

And Anderson was nearly in the goals on 42 minutes, but his shot zipped just wide of the goal.

Town weren’t done for the half though – a lovely one-two from Doughty and Alzate allowed Doughty the space to slip Pryce through after a perfectly timed run from the Academy graduate.

You wouldn’t have known it was the youngster’s debut as he calmly placed the ball up and over Dieng to extend Town’s lead.

Second Half

It seemed as if an action-packed first half had tired both teams out as the first 15 minutes of the second were played at a much slower tempo. Neither side created anything until the hour mark.

And the man that created it was Twine again – brimming with confidence the youngster picked up the ball on the halfway line and drove forward, beating three visiting players on his way.

He opened up and let loose a swerving effort that had Dieng scrambling. Despite Town’s dominance, and, at times, electric football they couldn’t find a way past Dieng. Iandolo and Anderson both had efforts from distance saved or fly just past the post.

Stevenage began to pen the home side in, and got a goal back with 13 minutes to play – Joel Byrom struck from the edge of the box and, via a deflection, spun past Vigouroux.

Despite a hefty five minutes added on, Town battled and wound down the clock for a fantastic victory.


Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account