Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
07 March 2020 Venue The County Ground Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Matchday Information: Forest Green Rovers

6 March 2020

Matchday Information: Forest Green Rovers

Real People. Real Emotion. Real Football.

Season Tickets on sale until 14:00 in the club shop this Saturday

If you are planning to buy match tickets for the visit of Forest Green, away tickets or your season-ticket for the 2020/21 season, please arrive as early as possible to avoid delays and ensure entry to the ground before kick-off.

The club shop will not be selling season-tickets past 14:00 to allow for match tickets to be bought and to prevent queuing in the build-up to kick-off.

Finance Options for season-tickets are available in the club shop and glass, ticket windows outside - if you wish to take up the option of finance you will to bring your bank card and a form of valid I.D.

Fanzone Open

The club’s fanzone will be open tomorrow. However, it will be situated outside the Arkell’s Stand rather than Don Rogers, as the green is still waterlogged.

Mansfield Ticket Refunds

As usual for any postponement before kick-off supporters will be entitled to a full refund for the re-arranged game if they cannot make the new date.

Please note that due to the fixture being an away game, the club shop require the tickets to be in their possession before a refund can be processed. Supporters will need to come into store or, if that is not possible, post it back to the club shop with your client reference number and contact details.

Pre-match handshakes won’t take place

As a result of the ongoing concerns posed the by Coronavirus outbreak and following specific medical advice, the Fair Play handshake between players and match officials will not take place until further notice.

Whilst the Government guidance does remain unchanged, a decision has been taken due to the way in which the Covid-19 virus can be transmitted through a handshake

The EFL remains in regular dialogue with the Government regarding the ongoing concerns posed by the coronavirus and is being appraised on a regular basis of developments that could potentially impact Swindon Town and the Competitions we participate in.

The EFL will continue to provide the club with updates and advice as it is issued to ensure we have all the relevant up-to date information and we will advise our supporters accordingly.

These matters are subject to constant change and we will update as appropriate.


  1. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
  2. Put used tissues in the bin straight away
  3. Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
  4. Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
  5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
  6. Not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
  7. To contact NHS 111 if anyone is worried about their symptoms. The advice is to not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
  8. Further information is available on the PHE blog and NHS.UK.

Advertisement block

Match Reports


7 March 2020

Goals in the opening five minutes in both halves earned Forest Green Rovers a 2-0 win at the County Ground condemning the Robins to their first home defeat since September.

Matthew Stevens opened the scoring after five minutes, while Ebou Adams headed home after the same amount of time in the second-half.

Keshi Anderson and Jerry Yates both hit the woodwork for the home side, while the latter had a strong effort cleared off the line in the first-half.

It was a hugely frustrating day for the Robins who threw the kitchen sink at Rovers, doing everything but score in the contest.

First half

Town fell behind early after a fast counter-attack led to Matthew Stevens siding in and poking Elliot Frear’s early, low cross into the bottom corner.

The Robins reacted well to the early set back and created some good chances.

Diallang Jaiyesimi drove through the Forest Green defence and flicked the ball past the defensive line to Eoin Doyle who took one touch to steady himself, before shooting low, however, Lewis Thomas was quick down to his right.

The axis of Jaiyesimi, Yates and Doyle was causing real problems and they were only prevented scoring by some last ditch blocks from the Forest defence.

Another bursting run down the left flank by Jaiyesimi culminated with the winger finding Yates on the penalty spot, who shot low past Thomas in goal, but not past Chris Stokes who miraculously got behind his keeper to clear off the line.

Town’s misfortunes in front of goal were summed up when Keshi Anderson, swerving, powerful drive from 30 yards smashed the underside of the crossbar and bounced out.

Second half

The second period started almost identically to the first, with Forest Green scoring early again.

This time Stevens was the provider, floating a cross to Ebou Adams, who nodded a looping header back across goal into the top corner.

Town very easily could’ve been leading the contest, but instead found themselves two goals down.

Barely seconds after the goal, Richie Wellens’ side were inches away from halving the deficit.

Michael Doughty found Yates in the box who manoeuvred himself some space, before hitting the bottom of the post.

Hallam Hope and Admiral Muskwe were both brought on for Yates and Jaiyesimi, however, they did not have much luck in front of goal either.

Towards the end of the second-half Town had a huge chance to get back into the game.

Captain Doughty found a rampaging Rob Hunt with an eye of the needle pass, who squared it to the lurking Doyle: however, Doyle appeared to have been brought down by Green defender Nathan McGinley, but the referee was not interested.

Town had the majority of possession as Rovers were happy to sit back and look after what their lead.

Lloyd Isgrove was brought on for Anderson and looked lively, however Rovers saw out the closing stages of the match and left the County Ground with the three points.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account