Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Luongo: Ready for the battle

29 March 2013

NEW signing Massimo Luongo turned in a man of the match display after going straight into the line-up for Friday’s home draw with Oldham Athletic.

The Sydney-born 20-year old impressed on his first Town appearances and offered his views after making his debut for the Robins.

He said: “I felt more comfortable as the game went on and tried my best. I enjoyed the game but it was a shame we couldn’t get the victory.

“We had a lot of chances and it was good to see so many created. The lads have the ability here and I am sure the goals will come. I didn’t have much time on the ball but it’s a battle for the whole 90 minutes. I played in the Championship earlier this season and learnt a lot from that time. That helped me coming down to Swindon and knowing what to expect.

“The manager told Dean and I to drive forward as much as possible and don’t be afraid to express yourself. It was good to see the other guys here too and we know how each other will play out there. 

“It’s a promotion battle and I can’t wait to get to Monday now.”

Advertisement block