Position: Sales Manager
Responsible to: General Manager (Catering)
Responsible for: Sales Team
We are looking to recruit an experienced Sales Manager; the preferred candidate will come from a Stadia background, although other backgrounds will be considered. You will need to be a confident sales person who enjoys a challenge and has experience of working within the hospitality industry.
To drive proactive sales for your branch and to provide the effective delivery of sales of events by providing experience and knowledge, ensuring quality standards are achieved and maintained.
1. General Manager
2. Operations Manager
3. Operations Director
4. On site management team
5. Head Office Staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Must be interested and understand the Conference & Event / Meeting and Catering market and have ability to assess the impact or importance of changes for potential clients.
2. Must have proactive sales experience, ideally with driving non-matchday sales within stadias (although ability to demonstrate a successful sales career in other sectors would be considered).
3. To ensure that the conference and banqueting budget is achieved on or before deadlines through the setting of qualitative and quantitative objectives.
4. To continually search for new opportunities to increase sales in the venue through the engendering of a sales culture, focused marketing and account management.
5. To produce an annual sales and marketing plan.
6. To implement the companies sales standards and procedures.
7. To undertake sales activities.
8. To manage and develop revenue from a prescribed number of major accounts.
9. Ability to drive, manage, motivate and lead teams to success via man-management and by example.
10. Must have initiative and self drive to get out into the market and personally sell the facilities.
11. Ability to construct and present high value proposals at senior level to potential clients.
12. Must possess acceptable levels of gravitas, personality and skill as determined by requirements of role.
13. Must have ability to represent the company professionally at the highest levels.
14. Co-ordinating best practice with other venues and overseeing smaller contracts where assistance is required.
15. Liaising with branch General Manager and Marketing Department to ensure company policy and best practices are being adhered to at all times.
16. A willingness to travel to other branches within the UK.
Activities and Core Skills
1. Must be able to attack personal sales delivery targets, achieving these targets across the business on a monthly and annual basis.
2. Effective market research; monitoring industry direction and trends and adjusting area strategy in line with these trends.
3. Coaching and mentoring sales staff, meeting with potential clients and attending key site events/functions.
4. Prepare marketing collaterals, mail shots, events, newsletter and other methods of communicating with clients both potential and existing.
5. Work to and evolve a sales and marketing strategy to maximise business sales and profitability.
6. Must be sales focused, driven and persistent in closing deals.
7. Must be active within designated territory in identifying and securing new business.
8. Excellent knowledge and understanding of the use of social media and new lines of communication.
9. Previous experience of hosting websites and blogging would be desirable.
10. Good food knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
11. Effective communication skills.
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO cabrook@Centerplate.co.uk