Reice Charles-Cook became our third signing of #DeadlineDay after joining on a permanent transfer from Coventry City.
Here’s all you need to know about our new Goalkeeper…
- Reice Jordan Charles-Cook was born in Lewisham, England on 8th April 1994.
- The stopper began his career with Arsenal in 2012 before going on to have short stints with Chelmsford City and Bury.
- He made his professional debut for The Shakers in March 2014 in a goalless draw with Southend United.
- Reice then signed for Coventry City on a one-year deal in July of that year, immediately heading out on loan to Nuneaton Town for whom he made 17 appearances.
- After returning to the Ricoh Arena, he quickly made his mark and made history for the Sky Blues by becoming the first City Keeper to keep clean sheets in his first four league games.
- Charles-Cook also set a club post-war record for the most consecutive minutes without conceding a goal.
- That fine form was rewarded with a new contract in November 2015 and he made 22 outings for the Sky Blues last term in the Sky Bet League One.
- Reice’s two brothers, Anthony and Regan, also play football for Ebbsfleet United and Charlton Athletic respectively.
- Charles-Cook is Town’s 15th signing of the summer and our third arrival of today.
- He will wear number 21 for The Reds this season.
DEADLINE DAY COVERAGE: