Ollie Banks became our first signing of the January Transfer Window after signing on loan from Oldham Athletic this morning.
Here's all you need to know about our new midfielder...
- Oliver Ian Banks was born in Rotherham on 21st September 1992.
- Olly is the son of former professional footballer Ian Banks.
- Banks began his career with hometown club Rotherham United in 2011 and notched on his debut.
- He had loan spells in Non-League with Sheffield, Buxton and Stalybridge Celtic before joining Gainsborough Trinity on a permanent deal in 2012 following his release from The Millers.
- Stints with Scarborough Athletic, North Ferriby United and FC United of Manchester followed, with Olly combining playing duties for the latter alongside his day job as a kitchen fitter.
- Banks' performances for FC United of Manchester earned him a big move to Chesterfield in 2013 and he made a quick impression, landing the Football League's Young Player of the Month Award in November of that year.
- Despite injury bringing his 2013/14 campaign to an early end, Ollie was awarded a new contract in May 2014.
- However, he joined Northampton Town on loan in November 2014 before being snapped up by Oldham Athletic just a few months later, notching his first goal for The Latics against Carlisle United in August 2016.
- Banks found first-team chances hard to come by this term for Athletic and spent a short spell on loan at Tranmere Rovers, where he impressed for the National League outfit.
- Banks will now spend the remainder of the season at SN1 and will wear the number 29 shirt during his time with Town.