Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


26 January 2019

Sponsored by

Filipe Morais’ goal on the stroke of half-time was enough to give Crawley a 1-0 win over Swindon at the County Ground.

Morais struck from a set-piece just before the break and, in a pretty drab affair, Town were unable to get anything out of the game despite having the majority of the ball.

Keshi Anderson had a penalty saved with two minutes of the game to go as Town fell to their first defeat in four games.

First Half

It was a first half that could only be described as dull – Swindon dominated possession throughout but the visitors made it scrappy and the home side struggled to develop any sort of rhythm.

Town’s first effort came on 21 minutes – Jak McCourt, who has had an excellent Christmas period, grabbed the ball after Keshi Anderson was fouled on the edge of the box. He drilled his free-kick past the wall, beating Glen Morris but not the post as the ball ricocheted away.

12 minutes later was the next one – Lawrence Vigouroux drilled a drop-kick out to Woolery who scampered after it, his low cross was good but so was the defending from Tom Dallison-Lisbon to stop Marc Richards getting on the end of it.

However, after a half of pretty much no attacking threat, Crawley were ahead on the stroke of half-time – a corner to the back post and the scrappiest of goals from Filipe Morais put Crawley ahead and embodied the opening 45 minutes.

Second Half

The first 20 minutes of the latter period were similar to the whole of the first – it took until the 65th minute for Swindon to get behind the Crawley back four. Richards flicked on to Woolery whose shot was low and hard, but deflected round the post.

Ben House was introduced to the home crowd for the first time and almost grabbed an equaliser – Twine flicked the ball to him on the bounce and the young forward had his shot blocked by a combination of away bodies.

The Reading loanee was involved again with eight minutes to play – he nutmegged his man out wide, finding Twine. The academy graduate’s shot whistled just past the post.

Town’s biggest chance came with two to play – Canice Carroll played an excellent one-two with Keshi Anderson and was felled as he arrived into the box.

Anderson stepped up to take but had his effort saved by Morris low down to his right leaving Richie Wellens' men empty-handed as full-time.

Advertisement block