Swindon Town Football Club are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join our team at The County Ground.
We are looking to boost the strength of the finance team at STFC given that the successful running of a football club needs to be underpinned by strong financial management and controls.
Many of our key business decisions and insight analysis are based off our weekly and monthly financial results.
One of the key responsibilities of the role is to ensure that the financial and management accounting records and processes are robust and accurate.
You’ll be responsible for development of our financial and management information data sources, with a remit to develop and enhance the associated journals, calculators and models that feed off the data.
Every day is different, and there will be a wide variety of ad-hoc tasks and requests to help with in a fast paced and exciting environment.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Closing Date: Friday 27th August
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time - Min 40 hrs / week) - a flexible approach to working hours will be required.
- Working closely with other members of the finance team to improve our financial processes and controls
- Payroll management
- Supporting cash management processes
- Supporting financial and tax reporting
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of financial processes including journal processing and reconciliations
- Ensuring we have documented records for all monies coming in and out
- Preparing detailed management accounts to support key decision making
Experience / Qualifications
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
- A Finance qualification (or part-qualification) or willingness to commence a course of study
- An analytical mind set with strong excel skills, and good PowerPoint & Word knowledge
- Experience in working with data, generating insight, and providing recommendations
- Have a proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail
- Have experience of building relationships and communicating with confidence whilst also working well on your own initiative
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
How To Apply
Please send a covering letter, no longer than one page outlining how your experiences qualify you for this job. Also, attach a CV no longer than two pages and please send to the following email email@example.com with the subject Financial Controller vacancy.
Swindon Town FC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regard to pregnancy or maternity.