Swindon Town Football Club is looking to recruit a Media Manager on a full-time basis as the club prepares to embark on the new League 2 campaign.
Hours & Availability: 40 hours (Full time). A flexible approach to working hours will be required as this role includes unsociable hours and working on a match days (home and away) for which time off in lieu can be given.
Location: The County Ground (but with some flexibility to work from home)
Reports to: CEO
With a keen eye for detail and a passion for football, the successful candidate will be a strong copywriter and responsible for managing all aspects of media relations for the club.
Core responsibilities you will cover as part of this role include:
- Develop excellent and effective relations with local and national media partners, commercial partners, supporters groups, podcasts and the organisation of press conferences
- Attend all first team fixtures, home and away, to support the manager and players with media obligations
- Organise match day media accreditation requests from local and national media outlets
- Produce and edit the official digital match day programme from planning stage through to production and completion alongside the club’s external design agency
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and Commercial Manager to ensure that the communication output aligns with marketing and revenue-generating objectives
- Overall management of the official club website co.uk using the EFL content management system to produce daily news, features and interviews
- Responsibility for the club’s social media presence including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in content creation and communications coordination
- Excellent understanding of social and traditional media
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage the media demands associated with a forward-thinking EFL club
- The ability to create, manage and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- A solid understanding of Swindon Town FC and desire to play a key role in the club’s strategy
- Candidates should have access to their own vehicle and have a full driving licence (expenses received for related match day travel costs)
If you want to join the club at this exciting time, please send your CV and a covering letter to Matt Waters firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this application is 12pm Friday 6th August 2021.