Swindon Town Football Club are currently recruiting for a full-time Head Chef to work at The County Ground.
Job Title: Head Chef
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience Location: Swindon Closing date: Friday 17th December Contract type: Permanent (Full Time – Min 40 hrs/week) a flexible approach to working hours will be required as this role requires working on home match days.
· The Head Chef role is to co-ordinate the preparation of all food offered by the club, and responsibility for overseeing all catering and hospitality operations. This includes catering for matchdays, events and conferences and the club's restaurants. Manage and deliver all players food as requested via sports nutritionist.
· Work within a team, lead by example and take responsibility when needed, act with initiative, demonstrate energy and enthusiasm.
· Ensure that all Kitchen staff are properly managed and fully briefed.
· Deliver prompt and efficient production / preparation and service of meals.
· Act with due diligence to ensure that all food is prepared with care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements and allergies, accurately reporting and recording allergen information
· Monitor waste, ensuring that it is kept to a minimum and action plans are put in place as necessary
· Demonstrate innovation in our food service offers
· Manage the cleanliness and hygiene and oversee all health and safety of the operation to the required standard
· Manage and control purchasing costs.
· Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
· Previous experience catering to high volumes and fine-dining experience
· IOSH or Advanced Food Hygiene Certification
· CIEH Level 3 or relevant NVQ/Diploma
· Proactive, team-player with excellent time-management and leadership skills.
· Confident with strong communication skills, able to interface at all levels
· Highly organised, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and operate in a fast-paced environment.
· Be flexible and adaptable in all aspects - working hours will vary, dependent on match’s and event days.
· IT literate
· Personal innovation and passion
· Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
· Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
How To Apply
Please send a covering letter, no longer than one page outlining how your experiences qualify you for this job. Also, attach a CV no longer than two pages and please send to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Head Chef vacancy.
Swindon Town FC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regard to pregnancy or maternity.
Swindon Town is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.