Swindon Town Football Club are currently recruiting for a Retail and Ticketing Assistant to work at The County Ground on a full-time basis.
Job Title: Retail and Ticketing Assistant
Contract type:Full Time - flexible approach to working hours will be required as this role requires working on home match days and some evenings
Salary: Dependant on skills and relevant experience
Location: Swindon County Ground
Closing date: Wednesday 5th January
To be responsible for liaising with customers, helping them with their product or service, processing payments and maintaining a high level of customer service. The successful candidates will be responsible for providing information to customers about fixtures, ticket sale dates and assisting with ticket selection. You will also process payments for tickets, travel, memberships and assist supporters with any queries they may have.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all customers of the Club
- To be approachable and acknowledge and greet all customers
- To interact with customers to build rapport
- To ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to in line with the Club’s policies
Ticketing & Retail
- Serving all visitors to our club shop and ticket office.
- Maintaining high standards on the shopfloor at all times.
- Assisting in the picking and dispatch of online orders.
- Replenishing stock when required.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to all customers and fans.
- Answering ticket office enquiries in person, via telephone and email.
- Processing ticket orders.
- Any other duty as reasonably assigned by Head of Ticketing or Head of Retail.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Swindon Town Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training, in addition to all relevant Safeguarding Training that is required.
- This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description
- Some sporting ticketing or retail experience would be desirable
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- An excellent team player, work in the spirit of a ‘team’
- Self-motivated and energetic with strong communicating skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to work weekends and evenings
- Sound IT/Computer skills
- Interest and background in the football/sports/leisure industry would be advantageous
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter, no longer than one page outlining how your experiences qualify you for this job. Also, attach a CV no longer than two pages and please send to the following email email@example.com with the subject Ticket and Retail Assistant vacancy.
Swindon Town FC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regard to pregnancy or maternity.
Swindon Town is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.